Wednesday, December 24, 2014

int main() { return "Introduction"; }


Hi
This main function will return my first post.
In this post I am going to talk about who am I ? Why have I decided to start this blog ? Who is the target audience and other relevant points.

Who am I ?
My name is Deepika. I graduated from NSIT, Delhi. I am currently working in Expedia as a software developer.
My quite a few achievements till date: I was among 10 girls selected from all over India to be part of Google Women TechMakers program. We all were given training at Google's Bangalore office. I am also core member of GBG-Delhi. I recently participated in an International Women Hackathon organised by HackerEarth and won Rank 9 for a chrome extension for LinkedIn. Profiles like software developer and data scientist interest my equally. Though my job demands me to be a part time build engineer too.

Why you should follow this blog ?
Do you know that around a half million computer science students graduate every year in India itself? Any guesses how many of these computer/I.T. graduates from Indian engineering colleges are actually employable ? Only 10-25% .Is it that difficult to become a software engineer ?
I believe that becoming just another software developer is the easiest job in the world.  But it becomes all the more difficult when you want to be really good at it and you have no godfather to guide you. No doubt Google will provide you with all the relevant results but you need to know the right questions and more important then that when to ask those right questions?
Coming across an amazing document/article/guidance which has the potential to influence your career will be of a little or no use if you have already chosen a road more traveled.
And I have been through that. I know how much it hurts when you know that you want to give your best in programming or other computer related fields but all you need is that little guidance or some one to assure you that you are going just right on the right path. I want to make your life a little easy. And that is why here it is Code Shiksha for you.
Apart from the above mentioned goal I also plan to add articles totally out of context/miscellaneous which may not be directly related to programming but related to student life or your life as a technologist but I assure you that these points are certainly going to help you at some point of your life.
And last but certainly not the least the objective of this blog is to encourage female budding technologists to explore the tech/STEM field.

Who is the target audience ?
Any one
1.) Who wants to become a software engineer but needs that little help/tips and tricks to ask right questions.
2.) Who is not sure whether to go for an MBA or technical job. Code Shiksha aims to bring to you a glimpse of (technical) industry level work to you this early. So that you know what all technology professionals use.
3.) If you are a fem-engineer, this blog is specially to help you, just post a comment or drop me a mail at codeshikshachannel@blogspot.com I shall try my best to help you.

Life changing one line mantra/advice :-
Stop Cramming, Start Programming




No comments:

Post a Comment